2021 UK Series
PROVISIONAL SB20 UK NATIONAL & SOLENT SERIES 2021
2021 National Series – National Championships plus best 2 results count (National Championships and Cowes Grand Slam have a 0.8 multiplier)
2021 Solent Series – Best 4 out of 7 results count
The table below identifes which events feature in the UK National Series and the Solent Series. It also includes the Grand Slam Series and World Championships (plus Portugese Nationals as a worlds warm up).
|2021 Event||Date||UK National Series||Solent Series||Note|
|Asian Grand Slam|
|World Championships (Singapore)|
|Warsash SC Spring Series||Four Sundays|
|Northern Champs (Windemere)||YES|
|Warsash SC Spring Champs WE1||YES||Twin weekend event|
|Warsash SC Spring Champs WE2||Twin weekend event|
|RORC Vice Admiral’s Cup||YES||Weekend Event|
|Dutch Grand Slam & N. Sea Regatta|
|Royal Southern YC June. Regatta||YES|
|Round the Island Race||3 July||Stand Alone Event|
|Royal Solent YC Taitinger Regatta||YES|
|Cowes Week Grand Slam||31 Jul-3 Aug||YES||For National Series multiply result by 0.8|
|Cowes Week Mini Slam||4-7 Aug||YES|
|UK Sprint Championships (Torbay)||YES||Coached event|
|UK National Champs (Torbay)||YES||For National Series multiply result by 0.8|
|Hamble One Design Champs WE1||YES||Twin weekend Event|
|Hamble One Design Champs WE2||Twin weekend Event|
SB20 UK NATIONAL SERIES 2021
UK National Series
- Northern Area Championships
- Southern Area Championships
- Cowes Grand Slam (1sthalf of Cowes Week)*
- UK Sprint Championships
- UK National Championships*
- UK Inland Championships
National Series Qualification & Scoring
- UK National Championships plus best two other results count (may include DNC)
- For events a boat does not race in it will score DNC, (DNC = number of entries in busiest event plus 1)
National Series Weighting for Major Events
- * For the National Series a 0.8 multiplier is applied to both the UK Nationals and the Cowes Grand Slam results, i.e. your final event result will be multiplied by 0.8 before becoming a series result.
- Multipliers are not applied to DNC scores
National Series Entry
- Every paid up UK SB20 member/boat that competes in one or more series events will automatically be entered into the UK National Series.
SB20 SOLENT SERIES 2021
- Frostbite Championships
- Warsash SC Spring Championships (single weekend)
- RORC Vice Admirals Cup
- Royal Southern YC June Regatta
- Royal Solent YC Taitinger Regatta
- Cowes Mini Slam (2ndhalf of Cowes Week)
- Hamble One Design Championships (single weekend)
Solent Series Qualification & Scoring
- 1 event counts as a series
- If only 1 or 2 events are sailed all results count. If 3 or 4 events are sailed then 1 discard is applied. If 5 events are sailed then your best 3 results count. If 6 or more events are sailed your best 4 results count.
- For events a boat does not race in it’s series score will be DNC, (DNC = number of series entries plus 1)
Solent Series Weighting for Major Events
- For the Solent Series a 0.8 multiplier is applied to both the Southern Area Championships Result, i.e. your final event result will be multiplied by 0.8 before becoming a series result.
Solent Series Entry
- Every paid up SB20 member/boat that competes in one or more of the series events will automatically be entered into the Solent Series.
If a dispute arises as to the wording of the above notice or scoring (for either series) then the UK Class Secretary’s opinion on the intended wording will be applied and will be final.